is a PRIVATELY OWNED website that is NOT owned or operated by any state government agency.

drivers license address change massachusetts - MA

Recently moved and need to change the address that appears on your license? Process your Massachusetts Drivers license address change now and avoid having to visit an RMV service office. If you prefer, we can help you through the process. Just continue reading our guide below to see your different options.

Massachusetts Drivers License Address Change Information

By law, you must make a formal notice thirty (30) days after you've changed your address. The change of address and / or Mailing Address of your driver's license in the State of Massachusetts is a very easy and free operation through the web page. After visiting the above site, it will display a list of Online Services offered by the site and in the section "Other" you will find a guide to do any of the changes. It's very simple in the sense that you just have to fill the registration database of motor vehicle (RMV). You should be living at that time in the state of MA and have your valid driver's license or ID card to make the change. You may need the following information. Please have it close to you when completing the registration. 


You can process the change through the web page, it will display a list of Online Services offered by the site where  you will find a guide to do any of the changes. It's easy because you have to just fill the registration database of motor vehicle (RMV). You must be very careful when you are filling the record because the information that you provide must be exactly as it appears on your MA license. If not filled in the registration database the Last four digits of your SSN, unfortunately you are unable to perform this processed online.

By Mail

This is also a very easy process. Please continue reading below:

Make sure that all the information entered is correct and legible. Include your

  • name
  • date of birth
  • license number
  • any plates registered in your name and
  • your old and new address.

- Complete this form and mail it in an envelope to the following address:

RMV Address Change

P.O. Box 55889

Boston MA 02205-5889

You can also return this form to any Registry office.

By Phone

You can change your address by phone. Just contact the Call Center at 857-368-8000. If local, please use the following area codes 339/617/781/857 or 800-858-3926 from all other MA area codes. Times are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.

In Person

If you have more than one vehicle registered in your name, enter all plate numbers. To change your address in this particular case what we suggest, is that you visit a RMV branch nearest to you.


In the State of Massachusetts, a change to you new address is a completely free operation if you only want to correct the information (address only), and not receive a new license. But in the event that you request a new license (which will reflect your new address) you must go to an RMV branch office to have a new photo-imaging license issued. This transaction will cost $25.00. You can pay it through MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express.

Documents Required

This is very important. In almost all transactions, including license conversions, applicants over the age of 18 must present three forms of ID which include:

  • MA License / Permit or Identification Card
  • Proof of date of birth
  • Proof of signature
  • Proof of Massachusetts residency

Applicants under 18 years of age must only provide proof of date of birth. The parent/guardian must sign the certification on the back of this application.

Identification Requirements

You must also produce your social security number (SSN) that the RMV can verify with the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) as having been issued to you.

If you do not have an SSN, an acceptable written denial notice not more than 60 days old, from the Social Security Administration (SSA) is required.

You must also provide proof of an acceptable visa status, an I-94, and a current non-U.S. Passport.

If you can not provide the information requested above contact in person at the Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) branch office nearest to you.