is a PRIVATELY OWNED website that is NOT owned or operated by any state government agency.

utah drivers permit - UT

Utah Drivers Permit Information

To get your drivers license in  Utah, you need to apply for a Class D (Operator) license. You must have a Utah license immediately upon establishing residency. There is NO grace period.

Utah Drivers License Requirements

18 years and under

  • Class D

    • You must be at least 16 years old.
    • Must have adult signature.
    • Must have Drivers Education course OR out of State License
  • Learner Permit (Class D)

    • You must be at least 15 year old.
    • Must hold permit for at least 6 months if under 18
    • Must have proof of School enrollment.
    • Must have adult signature.


For complete details and Restrictions and to GET your Utah drivers license, please SIGN IN HERE

Utah Drivers Ed

Visit our utah drivers ed page for more information on Utah driver education.

Tests Required

  • Eye Test

  • Knowledge (Written) Test

  • Road Test

Test requirements vary by age and depending on whether you've previously held a license in another state. 

For complete details and to GET your Utah license, please SIGN IN HERE


New Driver's License

  • Over 21

    • $25.00

  • Under 21

    • $30.00

Learner Permit

  • $15.00


For complete Fees SIGN IN HERE

Documents needed to get your Utah Drivers License

  • Proof of Identity and Lawful Status

    • A few examples:
      • U.S. Passport (must be active)
      • Birth Certificate (Certified copy)
      • For complete list of items SIGN IN HERE
  • Proof of Utah Residency

    • A few examples:
      • Bank Statement.
      • Mortgage or rental contracts.
      • For complete list of items SIGN IN HERE
  • For Minors (Under 18)

    • Must have adult signature.
  • Social Security Verification

    • A few examples:
      • Social Security Card.
      • W-2 form.
      • For complete list of items SIGN IN HERE



Other Driver License Topics in the State of Utah

  • New Driver's License
  • Renew Driver's License
  • Learner's Permit