is a PRIVATELY OWNED website that is NOT owned or operated by any state government agency.

mississippi drivers permit - MS

Mississippi Drivers Permit Information

To get your drivers license in  Mississippi, you need to apply for a Regular Operator Class R license. You must give up any license from another state. You must have a Mississippi license within sixty (60) days of establishing residency.

Mississippi Drivers License Requirements

18 years and under 

  • Regular Operator License (Class R)

    • Must be at least 17 years old.
  • Intermediate License (Class Y) 

    • Must have held a Learners License (see below) for at least twelve (12) months.
    • Pass Driving Skills Test.
  • Regular Learner's License

    • You must be at least 15 years old.
    • Valid for 1 year.
  • Regular Learner's Permit 

    • You must be at least 14 years old.
    • This permit is only for driver education.
    • Must have proof of Driver Education course.
    • Must have parental consent.

18 years and over

  • Regular Operator Class R


For complete details and Restrictions and to GET your Mississippi drivers license, please SIGN IN HERE

Mississippi Drivers Ed

Statistics prove that drivers who enroll in driver education courses are much less likely to be involved in auto accidents.

Visit our mississippi drivers ed page for more information on Mississippi driver education.

Tests Required

  • Vision Screening

  • Written Test

  • Driving Skills Test

Test requirements vary by age and depending on whether you've previously held a license in another state. 

For complete details and to GET your Mississippi license, please SIGN IN HERE


New Driver's License 

  • Under 18

    • $6.00

  • Over 18 - 4 Year License

    • $21.00
  • Over 18 - 8 Year License

    • $43.00

Intermediate License

  • $6.00

Learner's Permit

  • $4.00


For complete Fees SIGN IN HERE

Documents needed to get your Mississippi Drivers License

  • Identification 

    • A few examples:
      • Out of State Drivers License
      • Birth Certificate (Certified)
      • For complete list of items SIGN IN HERE
  • Proof of Domicile

    • A few examples:
      • Water Bill
      • Electric Bill
      • For complete list of items SIGN IN HERE
  • For Minors (Under 17)

    • Parent or guardian signature on application
  • For Minors (Under 18)

    • Birth Certificate (Certified)
  • Social Security 

    • Must show Social Security Card
  • For Non American citizens

    • A few examples:
      • Immigration documents
      • Passport
      • For complete list of items SIGN IN HERE